Deb Millar and I will be presenting our ‘Social Networking: More than engagement, a valuable research tool that fosters enquiry, collaboration and analytical thinking’ presentation here:
RSC NW Annual Event – All the Fun of the (technology) Fair
Roll up, roll up, you’re invited to JISC RSC Northwest’s flagship Annual Event on Wednesday, June 27 2012 at Southport Theatre Convention Centre.
All the Fun of the (Technology) Fair is from 10am-4pm and will be based in three areas which showcase different aspects of technology use. This engaging day out promises something for all supported learning providers whether you work in Further Education, Higher Education, Work Based Learning, Adult Community Learning or a Specialist College.
Themes will cover:
- Using technology to predict and guide learners (fortune telling)
- Setting enthusiasm on fire for higher level vocational learning (fire walking)
- Accessibility and Inclusion issues, breaking the chains (escapology)
- Uploading and capturing evidence (riding and roping)
- Understanding eReputation and Social Media (bed of nails)
- Information, Advice and Guidance (juggling)
- Equipping learners with digital literacy (knife throwing) and
- New Emerging Technologies which are both free and sustainable (clowns).